Centrally located just off the Hunter Expressway, Gorton Law is available to assist clients located in Cessnock, Maitland, Singleton, Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and surrounding areas.

Family Law

The separation of two people is a difficult time, and the engagement of lawyer can often make the process more difficult. We have extensive experience in Family Law and can assist you with parenting disputes and the division of property. We can also help you prepare and file an application for divorce.


Often the preparation of a Will is one of the only times that someone will need a lawyer.

We have considerable experience in the preparation of Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardians.

We understand that the preparation of a Will can often be a difficult time, as it involves considering the future when you are no longer around. Our aim is to approach this process with a caring nature and our experience in this area results in this experience being as straightforward as possible.

At Gorton Law, we understand that often people need to prepare Wills, and are not always able to leave the home or the hospital to attend those appointments. If you are in this circumstance, please contact us to discuss other visitation arrangements.


The passing of a loved one is an extremely difficult and emotional time. The last thing you want to worry about is administering the estate, or handling a family dispute, let alone the complexities of engaging a lawyer.

We can assist you in applying for Probate so that the assets of your loved ones can be divided in accordance with their Will.

In the unfortunate event that there becomes a dispute about a loved one’s Will, we can assist you in that process also.


Other Areas of Law

We have experience in a wide range of areas of law. If you need assistance, please contact us and we will discuss the matter with you and let you know if we are able to assist you.

If we don’t have the necessary experience to be able to help you, Gorton Law will do what they can to refer you to an experienced solicitor who can help you.